Samsung’s recently revealed Galaxy Note 8, the latest version of the South Korean company’s larger device line-up and successor to the ill-fated Note 7, is set to be sold at a number of Canadian carriers, with the manufacturer specifically citing Bell, Eastlink, Freedom Mobile, BellMTS, SaskTel, Telus, Koodo, Rogers and Videotron.
It will also be available through Samsung Experience Stores and online through Samsung.ca. It will be sold in two colour variants, Midnight Black and Deepsea Blue.
Customers who pre-order between August 23rd and September 14th will receive a free 128GB Micro SD card and Samsung Wireless Charger Convertible, depending on where the phone is purchased. The Galaxy Note 8 will be widely available in Canada on September 15th.
Those purchasing the device off-contract will be hit with a substantial $1,299 CAD price tag. As specific carrier pricing and availability is revealed, we’ll continuously update this story. Below, check out the carrier pricing we have so far.
- Telus: $550 down on a two-year plan starting at $95 per month, or $750 down on a two-year plan starting at $85 per month. Check out further details here.
- Bell: $549.99 on two-year Premium Plus plans, $749.99 on two-year Premium plans, $949.99 on Smartphone plans and $1199.99 on Basic plans. $1349.99 outright. Check out further details here.
- BellMTS: $549.99 down on select two-year plans, outright price of $1,349.99. Check out further details here.
- Rogers: $549.00 down on a two-year Premium+ Tab plan, $749 on two Premium Tab plans, $899 on Smart Tab plans and $1,299.00 on Talk & Text plans or outright. Check out further details here.
- Eastlink: $0 down on a two-year easyTab plan (monthly payments of $48 for 24 months), or $1,272 outright. Check out further details here.
- SaskTel: $549.99 down on a two-year +$10/mo. with Plus Pricing. $749.99 on regular two-year plan sans Plus Pricing. $1,299.99 outright. Check out further details here.
- Koodo: $749.99 down on select plans. Check out further details here.
- Videotron: $449.95 down with a monthly payment plan of $89.95 for 24 months. Check out further details here.
- Freedom Mobile: $460 down on a $35 per month MyTab Boost, $1,300 outright. Customers can pre-order the Note 8 for a $100 deposit (outright price is $1,300). Customers who place a pre-order will be able to pick up their new Note8 between September 15th and October 1st. Check out further details here.
Additionally, Samsung Canada has confirmed that previous Note 7 owners will have the opportunity to upgrade to the Note 8 with an incentive — though it has yet to reveal the full details are.
For more information on Samsung’s Snapdragon 835-powered phablet, which also includes 6GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and an impressive 6.3-inch 1440 x 2960 pixels (83.1 percent screen-to-body ratio) display, check out MobileSyrup’s extensive hands-on feature about the phone.