Many Canadians are waiting for Samsung to unleash the Galaxy S8, which will officially be unveiled on March 29th. However, there is a respectable and well-designed mid-range Android device coming to various carriers in the coming days.
As previously reported, Samsung will release the Galaxy A5 (2017 edition) in Canada on March 17th. We can confirm that Bell, Rogers, and Virgin Mobile are all adding this slim (7.9 mm thick) device to their lineup and so will most carriers across the country. As for the price, you can expect this to retail for $499.99 CAD on no-term.
Galaxy A5 (2017) Specs
- 5.2-inch FHD Super AMOLED
- Exynos 7880 octa-core processor clocked at 1.9 GHz
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 16-megapixel (F1.9) rear camera, 16-megapixel (F1.9) front-facing camera
- Additional features: Samsung Pay, Samsung KNOX, S-Voice, IP68 certification
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v 4.2, ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC (UICC, eSE)
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Geomagnetic, RGB Light, Hall, Fingerprint scanner, Barometer
- 3GB RAM + 32 GB Storage, MicroSD slot (up to 256 GB)
- Overall dimensions: 146.1 x 71.4 x 7.9 mm
- 3,000 mAh batery, fast-charging
- Network: LTE Cat.6