Rogers has continued its promise of bringing Canadians closer to the game this season. The puck drops October 8th and piggybacking on its recent $5.2 billion NHL broadcasting rights agreement, Rogers announced “GamePlus” today.
GamePlus is exclusively available to Rogers customers and is “an awesome new experience within Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE that includes revolutionary camera angles, more interviews and analysis.” NHL fans will be able to watch the game on their TV and simultaneously watch different angles on their mobile device. In total, eight different replay options are available, including:
- Sky Cam sits at the 200 level in the Air Canada Centre and follows the puck red line to red line at six metres per second;
- Ref Cam is on the referee’s helmet and puts fans on the ice to get in on face offs, breakaways and goals;
- POV Cam spotlights the hustle from inside the blue lines and for the first time inside the players’ benches;
- Star Cam tracks a single player throughout the game no matter where the puck goes;
- Goal Line Cam provides a top-down view of the ice, directly above the offensive action;
- MyReplay lets fans select multiple replay angles to analyze key plays during the game, including goals, power plays, penalty kills, and the ref’s tough calls.
Keith Pelley, President of Rogers Media, said that Rogers has invested over $10 million to create this technology and it will be available on smartphones and tablets “in less than three minutes after the action happened.”
GameCentre LIVE costs $200 for the entire season and there is no charge for Rogers customers to access GamePlus, though the standard data overage/roaming charges apply.