Here’s something we didn’t expect between all the hustle and bustle of this busy news day. HP has quietly updated the TouchPad with an over-the-air update to webOS 3.0.4, bringing improved performance and a dedicated app for capturing photos and video from the 1.3MP front-facing camera. While fairly minor, it addresses a few of the lingering issues that TouchPad owners face, and confirms that HP has not completely abandoned the discontinued device.
The remaining changes are as follows:
– The ability to pair non-webOS phones to your TouchPad, so you can answer calls on your TouchPad. Pairing with non-webOS Bluetooth keyboards has also been streamlined.
– Support for OGG Vorbis music files
– Online/offline messaging status support
– User interface improvements
– Other enhancements such as support for accelerometer events in Adobe Flash Player
– More robust Skype video calling
You can learn more about the update at the Official HP Palm Blog or view the entire changelog.