Back in January, MobileSyrup created a ‘Fantasy Football’ league-like draft for 2023 video game releases.
Dean Daley, Brad Shankar, Chris Brown and Steve Vegvari contributed to the list of fantasy selections. Here’s how it worked: in January, we were given the chance to select three games we felt would be among the year’s top-scoring on OpenCritic.
This time, we selected two more games for a total of five titles for each participant. Points will then be awarded or deducted for every percentage point each pick falls above or below a 70 on OpenCritic. By the end of the year, we’ll only look at the top four games, ditching the least impressive score for each person’s collection of titles.
Below is the complete list:
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (August 25th)
- Hogwarts Legacy (already released)
- Lies of P (September 19th)
- Lords of Fallen (October 13th)
- Star Wars: Jedi Survivor (already released)
- Cocoon (September 29th)
- Final Fantasy XVI (already released)
- Resident Evil 4 (already released)
- Sea of Stars (August 29th)
- Super Mario Bros. Wonder (October 20th)
- Forza Motorsport (October 10th)
- Hollow Knight: Silksong (TBA 2023)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 (October 20th)
- Mortal Kombat (September 19th)
- Starfield (September 6th)
- Alan Wake II (October 17th)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 (already released on PC/September 6th on PS5 and Mac)
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (already released)
- Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (November 9th)
- Replaced (TBA 2023)
Tune in to the latest episode of the SyrupArcade Cast to learn why we picked these titles and who might have the top chance of winning this year’s draft.
Check out the last episode of the Syrup Arcade Cast, where we talked about Summer Game Fest and the Xbox Games Showcase.
As always, you can listen to the SyrupCast below or find the podcast on your favourite streaming platform.
Image credit: Bethesda