July 18, 2014 11:05am
LG declared last week that the new G3 will start arriving at Canadian carriers on August 1st. This new flagship smartphone will be available at Rogers, Bell, MTS, SaskTel and Videotron and Canadians will only see the Metallic Black colour option available at launch.
LG and the carriers have been secretive on the price points, but we can confirm the no-term cost on Bell, and probably the other carriers, will be $699.95. This is a similar structure that the previous G2 flagship was released at last year and saw the 2-year contract price fall between $179.99 to $199.99.
Make sure you check out our hands-on of the G3, or here’s a quick refresher of its specs:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 5.5-inch 2560×1440 pixel Quad HD IPS display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC @ 2.5Ghz
- 3GB RAM / 32GB internal storage (microSD slot)
- 13MP rear camera with OIS+, autofocus laser
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm
- 149 grams