As part of Canada’s 150th anniversary celebration, Apple’s App Store is featuring apps that have been developed in Calgary.
“Calgary’s pioneer spirit has given innovative app creators fertile ground to live in,” reads the “Made in Calgary” section of the App Store.
Altogether, there are 20 Calgary-developed apps currently being highlighted on the App Store.
- FetalBeats by Fetal Beats Inc for pregnant mothers to monitor their babies heart rate, developed by Fetal Beats Inc.
- MyAway by Guest-Tek Interactive, which lets users connect their phones to hotel TVs
- MakeShift by AppColony Inc, allowing people with jobs manage their scheduled shifts
- Spot Canada by Mark Lester, letting dog owners schedule walks for their pets from reliable walkers
- Spy vs Spy by Robots and Pencils, an action/strategy game
Earlier this year, Apple has featured a variety of Canadian-developed apps in series like “Made in Toronto-Waterloo,” as well as the best game makers in the country, such as Toronto’s Drinkbox Studios, the minds behind the hit action-adventure game Severed.