This week on the SyrupCast, we’re joined by new MobileSyrup member, Jane McEntagart, whose seven years of industry experience makes us look like a bunch of newbs.
We dive into important mobile payment news from Visa, some unfortunate layoffs from Microsoft and Rogers, an important regulation that will affect both Google and Apple’s app stores, and we’ll delve into the Nvidia Shield Tablet, a brand new gaming-oriented Android tablet.
- Visa launches Visa Checkout – is it any good?
- Microsoft cutting 18,000 jobs, most of which are from Nokia
- Rogers cutting several hundred jobs, many in the VP level
- Apple and IBM announce enterprise partnership – what does it mean for BlackBerry?
- Google will stop calling free-to-play games ‘free’ in the EU, but is it the right move?
- Nvidia Shield Tablet – does Android need a hardcore gaming tablet?
Jane – Android Wear Watchfaces (various apps)
Subscribe to the RSS Audio feed (Use this link if you’re looking to add the SyrupCast to your favourite podcast app, like PocketCasts)