In Canada we are seeing more Android devices get upgraded to a newer OS. Recently the HTC Desire finally received OS 2.2 (Froyo) and the Hero got OS 2.1 (Eclair)… soon we’ll see the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and X10 mini get upgraded to 2.1 also. Unfortunately there are devices that are stuck with the OS their device came with – apparently this is for “the best combined hardware and software experience”.
Google has released some more statistics of the distribution percentage of a specific Android OS. The trend is growing and shows that Android 2.1 leads with 40.8% and 2.2 comes in second with 36.2% of all Android devices. Combined that’s 77% of all Android devices run 2.1 or higher. Android OS 1.6 dropped to 15% and Android 1.5 fell to 7.9%.
Where do you stand with your Android?