Google has announced the nominees for its annual Play Award that celebrate the best in mobile Android applications.
This year the tech giant has narrowed down the process to nine categories, including the following: Standout Well-Being App, Best Accessibility Experience, Best Social Impact, Standout Indie, Best Community Building Game, Best AR or VR Experience, Standout Build for Billions Experience, Standout Startup and Best Breakout Hit.
The winner of each category will be announced on May 7th just before the company’s I/O conference.
The apps that has been nominated were selected by different teams within Google. The teams in charge of selection made sure each app has been rated positively by users, matches Google’s Android vitals specifications and launched or been updated since April 2017.
The Play Awards have been given out every year since 2016.
Standout well-being app
- Clue by BioWink GmbH
- Fabulous by TheFabulous
- Headspace by Headspace, Inc.
- Lifesum by Lifesum
- Simple Habit by Simple Habit, Inc.
Best accessibility experience
- Audio Game Hub by Sonnar Interactive
- Be My Eyes by Be My Eyes
- Open Sesame by Sesame Enable
- Universal Copy by Camel Corporation
- Voice Volume Catcher by LITALICO lnc.
Best social impact
- Forest by forestapp.cc
- Khan Academy by Khan Academy
- Otsimo by Otsimo
- Tala by Tala Mobile
- TODXS by TODXS
Best community building game
- Clash Royale by Supercell
- Episode by Pocket Gems
- Lineage 2: Revolution by Netmarble Corporation
- Pokémon GO by Niantic, Inc.
- PUBG MOBILE by Tencent Games