The BlackBerry Z10 has been available in Canada for almost two weeks now. Several carriers have reported great demand for the new smartphone, but for specific sales numbers we’ll have to wait until BlackBerry’s quarterly report. As for the device itself, TechInsights recently took this gem apart and found similar specs to the Galaxy S III. Another report has surfaced that gives a greater breakdown of the component prices – which TechInsights states the Z10 costs about $154 (USD) to make:
- Display and Glass (4.2-inches): $26.50
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 SoC processor $23.50
- Cameras (8MP back camera and 2MP front-facing): $15.00
- 16GB Flash storage: $9.00
- Other components (battery, communication chips, RAM): $21.00
- Remaining materials such as the plastic casing: $59.00
The Z10 can be purchased in Canada for approximately $600 outright. This number doesn’t take into consideration all the marketing, research and design costs that BlackBerry spent to bring it to life.