April 8, 2010 6:33 am
There has been a major push to sell Bluetooth accessories over the past few months, this is mainly due to several provinces banning the use of hand held devices while driving. It’s all in the name of safety.
TELUS has released a new set of Bluetooth earpieces… the Jawbone ICON costs $119 and is smaller and lighter than the other Jawbone products in the past but offers 6 differing styles: Hero, Rougue, Catch, Ace, Thinker and Bombshell.
Here are specs and features of the ICON:
The MyTALK allows the user to personalize your Bluetooth to get “a richer in-ear experience” through the web. Here are some benefits of the new ICON and MyTalk:
• MyTALK AudioApps. Lets users personalize the voice that conveys information into their ear. French, German and Spanish languages are also available.
• MyTALK DialApps. Lets users customize an easy access button linking directly to services of their choice such as free directory assistance, voice-to-SMS and voice dial.
• Simultaneous Multipoint. Lets users switch seamlessly between two calls on different cell phones.
• On/Off slide switch and one-button control. Delivers radical simplicity.
• Visual battery meter. Displays remaining battery life at top of iPhone screen.
NoiseAssassin 2.5 with wind reduction. Continues to provide the best noise elimination available.
• Innovative speaker design and signal processing. Improves inbound audio clarity and volume.
• Set-it-and-forget-it audio. Eliminates the need to adjust volume from one caller to the next.
Jawbone ICON Specifications
Talk Time: Up to 4.5 hours (varies by phone)
Standby Time: More than 10 days
Range: At least 33 feet (10 meters)
Charge: 80% charge in 35 minutes, 100% charge in less than 1 hour
Weight: 8 grams
Fit: 7 earbud sizes + 1 premium adjustable earloop
Accessories: AC power adaptor, micro-USB flex cable
Supports Multipoint: Pairs with up to 8 devices, 2 simultaneous connections
Supports Bluetooth: 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), 2.0