With Halloween and Friday the 13th coming in October, we’re highlighting all new scary shows being added to Canadian streaming services this month.
While Netflix already has a large assortment of frightening shows available for its viewers, here are some new shows and films in time for Halloween.
- Ghost Patrol (October 1st)
- 13 Demons (October 3rd)
- Cult of Chucky (October 3rd)
- Goosebumps (October 11th)
- Supernatural season 12 (October 13th)
- Slasher 2: Guilty Party (October 17th)
- Friday the 13th: Part 4: The Final Chapter (October 26th)
- Friday the 13th: Part 5: A New Beginning (October 26th)
- Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives (October 26th)
- Friday the 13th Party 7: The New Blood (October 26th)
- Stranger Things 2 (October 27th)
Netflix also has a number of shows already available on the service available for October 13th and Halloween. Here are a few:
- All Hallow’s Eve
- Scream 4
- Haunting Hour
- October Kiss
- Spooky Stories
- Are you Afraid of The Dark
- Scooby-Doo Zombie Island
- Monster House
- Scream (season 1 and 2)
- Scream Queens (season 1 and 2)
- The Vampire’s Assistant
- Most Likely to Die
- Silent Hill
- Would You Rather
- You’re Next
- Evil Dead
- Insidious 2/3
- Don’t Hang Up
- Psycho (II)
- Stranger Things: season 1
Here’s also a Halloween guide for everyone wanting a little special adventure for their Halloween shows/movie entertainment.
Amazon Prime Video
While Amazon Prime Video doesn’t have as many new options as the other two streaming service, what it lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality.
Lore, an upcoming anthology series uncovers how many horror legends, such as vampires, werewolves and body snatchers actually have tidbits of truth to them.
The series starts streaming on October 13th.
Amazon also has a number of shows already available on the service available for October 13th and Halloween.
- American Gods
- Rosemary’s Baby
- The Thing (1982 and 2011)
- Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes
- I Know What You Did Last Summer
- Dark Shadows
- Sleepy Hollow
- 13 Nights of Elvira
- Hollow Man
- Stephen King’s Thinner
- Fear of the Waking Dead (season 1 and 2)
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse
- Land of the Dead
- The Wolfman
- The Exorcism of Emily Rose
- Ouija Summoning
- Pitch Black
- Van Helsing
- The Fog
- Unsolved Mysteries
- Canada’s Most Haunted: Paranormal Encounters In The Great White North
Shudder, AMC’s horror-themed streaming service, also offers variety of movies that are set to premiere this month.
- Seoul Station (October 5th)
- Suburban Gothic (October 9th)
- Uncle John (October 9th)
- Can’t Take it Back (October 12th)
- Escape from Tomorrow (October 16th)
- Lace Crater (October 23rd)
- The Corpse of Anna Fritz
- Found Footage 3D (October 26th)
- Spookers (October 26th)
- Best Worst Movie (October 30th)
- Sennentunshi: Curse of the Alps (October 30th)
Shudder’s whole programming is geared towards frightening movies, feel free to watch anything else from the service to get a jump scare.
CraveTV isn’t providing very many new shows or films to watch unfortunately, however here are some new documentaries hitting the service that have a supernatural theme to them.
- Salem: season 3 (October 6th)
- Demon Exorcist (October 6th)
- Mystery of the Alaskan Mummies (October 6th)
- Werewolves: The Dark Survivors (October 6th)
- Teen Wolf: season 6, episodes 11-20 (October 13th)
CraveTV also has a number of shows already available on the service available for October 13th and Halloween. Here are a few:
- Dead Like Me
- True Blood
- Six Feet Under
- Rosemary’s Baby
- Dead Like Me
- Penny Dreadful
- In The Flesh
- The Aliens
The Exorcist Files
Update: 2017/10/05: Added more horror films and shows that are generally available on Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and CraveTV.