Waze – the popular community-based navigation app – has announced they’ve surpassed 40 million users. The app is available on iOS and Android and was updated with a bunch of new features today. There’s no word on the breakdown for each platform, but Waze is probably one of the best map apps out there as it’s based on users providing real-time data. Waze for Android gets bumped to version 184.108.40.206 and iOS also climbs to version 3.6. The most notable addition is the option to report road closure, which could save you a bunch of time. Here’s the full change-log:
– Report road closures in real time. Waze will close off the road and route others around it
– Report pins tilted on map to better indicated direction of event
– Reduced map clutter by showing only relevant road names
– New moods!
– New inbox with multiple message selection
– Update gas prices popup: When in gas station users prompted to update price (Europe only)
– Optimized performance and multiple bug fixes