After many weeks of anticipation and wondering what the specs would be for the newest Nexus, here they are. Officially called the “Galaxy Nexus”:
– Android 4.0 Ice Cream
– 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Screen with 720p resolution
– 1.2GHz dual-core processor
– Redsigned UI in Android 4.0
– Improved multi-tasking, notifications, Wi-Fi hotspot, NF support, full web browsing
– Android 4.0 features Software Navigation buttons – brand new
– People App with Google+ Integration among other features
– Redesigned camera with panorama mode, 1080p video, zero-shutter lag, silly faces and background replacement features
– Face Unlock: Facial recognition to unlock your phone! BOOM that just happened.
– Android Beam uses NFC to easily share content with other Android users with the bump of phones
PURE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE
– All the Google Apps you love from Android Market and GMail to Movie Studio and redesigned Google+ app
– 8.94mm thick, 4.29mm bezel
– LTE and HSPA+ connectivity
– Available in USA, Europe, and Asia beginning in November and then rolled out globally
So it looks like Canada will be in the “rolled out globally” crowd. Hopefully Samsung Canada can give us a date. They sent us an email yesterday that stated “The coolest Samsung smartphone will be coming to Canada soon”.
We’ll be taking notes on the live stream from Hong Kong, looking forward to seeing some “official” high res pictures/videos.