Twitter has updated both their app for the iPhone & iPad. Version 3.3 brings a number of new features such as the “Quick Bar” that basically shows what’s currently trending just above your timeline. In addition, you can now see what’s trending in based on your location, upload pics and find friends easier. Here’s a complete rundown of what’s new:
Photos. Uploading photos is now easier than ever. There’s a camera button in the toolbar and we improved the image preview, so you can quickly choose a photo from your library or take a new picture.
– Follow your friends. Now you can find which of your friends are on Twitter that have chosen to be discoverable through the contacts on your phone.
– Local trends. See trends based on your location.
– Shorten links. When you want to share a link on Twitter, just paste it into the Tweet box and we’ll automatically shorten it.
– Tweet box design. We redesigned the “New Tweet” screen so it’s now cleaner and simpler.
– Autocomplete. When tweeting on-the-go, speed and accuracy are important. Autocomplete for @usernames and hashtags help you tweet faster
– Direct Messages. The new Direct Message conversation view helps you better keep track of messages.
Get it here via iTunes