Bacardi paid Angus Reid to conduct a survey that’s geared towards social media users and “how they prefer to interact with others”. There are some unique stats of the 1,524 Canadians that were surveyed but when it comes to wireless the results show:
– 80% prefer face-to-face communication
– 44% believe it’s okay to take or make calls while on the toilet (Men 52% vs. Women 37%)
– 1 in 10 of Quebecois are never without their cell or smart phones
– 1 in 4 Atlantic Canadians are never without their cell or smart phones
– 75% of social media users say last thing they do at night or the first thing they do in the morning is check emails, text messages and social networking sites
Are you part of the 44% who make/take calls while doing other business?