Ottawa-based Vayyoo has released vPost, a BlackBerry app that allows users to take pictures, video, audio, text and GPS location and send this via email. This is currently available on the Bold, Curve and Pearl (Storm soon) and is currently available for $9.95 here with a 2-week trial. Check out the video below for a demonstration.
Shailesh Kaul, CEO of Vayyoo says “vPost enables people to share their real-life experiences via multimedia emails almost instantaneously. The application takes just minutes to learn, and through email – which is the most popular mechanism of communication – users have the option of sharing their experiences with either one or more individuals, or with much larger audiences via social networks and blog sites.”
Kaul sees the new application adding value to BlackBerry users including:
– vacationers and sports enthusiasts looking to share their adventures,
– social consumers sharing once-in-a-lifetime moments with family and friends,
– journalists covering fast-breaking news stories,
– business executives undertaking site visits,
– medical professionals working in remote locations,
– real estate agents scouting out property for prospective clients, and
– traveling sales people wanting to connect with their head office and colleagues.