The Priv, BlackBerry’s six-month-old Android-powered smartphone, is set to receive its monthly update next week. Michael Clewley, BlackBerry’s Director of Handheld Software Product Management, stated the company will push out its monthly maintenance and improvement update on June 6th.
The Priv was updated yesterday with additional camera improvements, specifically enabling users with advanced manual controls for capture settings, such as shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, focus, white balance and exposure compensation. The camera will also see the following physical keyboard shortcuts:
- Swipe horizontally on keyboard to adjust the setting currently active
- Swipe vertically on keyboard to change the active setting
- Press the A key to return the active setting to Auto
- Press and hold the A key to return all settings to Auto
- Press the spacebar to take a picture
In addition, new language support has arrived on the virtual and physical keyboard for Vietnamese and Korean Hangul has arrived.
Related reading: The BlackBerry Priv, six months later