Last month we reported that Bell went live with Google Play carrier billing. While this was true, the initial availability for all customers was a slow uptake and was gradually rolled out. However, time has passed and Google has now updated its “direct carrier billing” page to officially list Bell as a carrier to offer this option to its customers. We reached out to Virgin Mobile, since Bell owns them, to see if this is their same for them, but they noted that they “can’t comment on any product or service before it’s officially announced or launched.”
So you can now go forth and pay for Android apps and have them show up on your Bell bill. Here are the complete instructions on how to make this happen:
- Open the Google Play Store Google Play Store app.
- Select an app or digital content item.
- Touch the price.
- If you’re purchasing an app, review and Accept permissions to continue.
- Next to the price, touch the Down Down arrow.
- Touch Payment options.
- Select Bill my carrier account.
- Complete your purchase.