Pebble has pushed through an update for 2.0 of their Android app, still in beta form, but “fixes the most annoying bugs.” Pebble notes on their blog that Android Beta11 “improves stability considerably” and brings an official release one step closer for users to fully access the Pebble appstore on Android. For those users who have the smartwatch, Pebble notes that you’ll need to remove previous Beta versions and install this one.
- PebbleKit JS localStorage is now sandboxed for each app
- Many improvements to onboarding and FW installation
- Issues with sideloading apps in some circumstances have been fixed
- Some issues with loading JS configuration views after the app has been quit have been addressed
- MyPebble now loads faster
- Known issue: Pairing a Pebble during onboarding may not succeed. If you run into problems, exit the Pebble app. Remove the pairing entry from Android BT settings & your Pebble. Then pair manually using BT settings
Check out our review of the Pebble Steel here.