The anticipated new iPhone OS is rumoured to have multi-touch and easier navigation. According to Redmond Pie they state that “Apple will demo iPhone OS 4.0 on March 14th”. Anything is possible… but the 14th just happens to be a Sunday. Here’s a list of what you can expect the improvements to be:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide.
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.