With Apple having n event scheduled on January 27th there were numerous rumours about what will be included in the new iPhone OS. Thanks to BGR the upcoming updates and features are listed below (hopefully us Canadians will get the update too):
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide.
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.