This week, BlackBerry’s on the mind (as is Irish whiskey), so we chat about both. How does the Passport hold up to scrutiny, and what does BlackBerry have planned for the fall? Spoiler: it’s another handset.
We also talk about Apple and the iPhone scandal de jour, and whether Samsung’s acceleration of the Note 4’s release is going to have an impact on sales.
Finally, we speculate on a 6-inch Nexus, the rising costs of smartphone plans and the fastest mobile networks in Canada.
BlackBerry Passport & Co.
- ShopBlackBerry sells out of the Passport after first day of sales
- BlackBerry Passport review
- BlackBerry Blend available today for iOS and Android tablets, Windows and OS X
- Tête-à-Tête: Is it hip to be square?
- BlackBerry Passport now available for $200 on contract, $699 unlocked
- BlackBerry Classic Q20 leaked on video, shows ‘belt’ row of function keys
iPhone et al.
- Apple says only 9 customers have complained about bent iPhones
- Here’s how to roll back to iOS 8 from iOS 8.0.1
- iPhone 6 tops 10 million units sold during first weekend of availability
- Samsung moves 500 software engineers from mobile division to ‘increase synergies for Tizen platform’
- Samsung accelerating launch of Note 4 in light of iPhone 6 Plus release
- Google’s Motorola-made Nexus X could look a lot like the new Moto X
- The cost of telephone service in Canada rose 7.6% year-over-year, says StatsCan
- PCMag crowns Bell and Rogers ‘Fastest Mobile Networks’ in Canada
Apps of the Week
Running Time: 67 minutes
Hosts: Douglas Soltys, Jane McEntegart
Subscribe to the RSS Audio feed (Use this link if you’re looking to add the SyrupCast to your favourite podcast app, like PocketCasts)