LG’s latest smartphone is a follow-up to the V10, the V20.
The Nougat-powered Android flagship features a main 5.7-inch display and a secondary ‘ticker’ screen dedicated to notifications. In addition, the smartphone features full metal body and a dual-camera shooter.
While the V10 didn’t make its way to Canada, LG says that the V20 is coming north of the U.S. border and that the phone will launch with several Canadian carrier partners.
LG V20 Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor, Adreno 530 GPU
- Main Display: 5.7-inch display, QHD IPS Quantum Display 2,560 x 1,440 pixel resolution, 513ppi
- Secondary display: IPS Quantum Display 160 x 1040 pixel resolution, 513ppi
- 4GB RAM/64GB UFS ROM/microSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear-facing camera: 16 megapixel camera with F1.8 Aperture OIS (Standard Angle) Front-facing camera: 8 megapixel with F2.4 Aperture (135° Wide Angle)
- Front-facing camera: 5 megapixel front-facing camera with F1.9 Aperture (120° Wide Angle)
- Battery: removable 3200 mAh, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.7mm
- Colour options: Blue Coral, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium, Black Onyx
- Weight: 174g
- Colours: Titan
- Network: LTE-A 3 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 a, b, g, n, ac) / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC/ USB 2.0
- Other notable additions: USC Type C, Hi-Fi Video Recording, Steady Record 2.0, HD Audio Recorder, Studio Mode, High AOP Mic, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Google In Apps, Rear Finger Print Scanner
LG notes the V20 will first launch in Korea this month, followed by a release in other regions, with an official Canadian availability announcement “in the weeks to come.”
At the phone’s unveiling press conference in San Francisco, LG stated that the V20 will be coming to T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon in the United States in the company’s Q3 2016 fiscal year, but gave no indication of pricing.
The V20 will also be coming to Canada but LG has yet to reveal Canadian pricing, a release date or carrier partners.