This week, we talk about the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Apple’s new payment system, and Watch, the first wearable from the world’s biggest tech company. We also touch on Microsoft’s latest attempts to once again invigorate its Windows Phone brand.
- Apple unveils the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple announces the Apple Watch
- Canadian carriers start iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pre-orders on September 12th, off-contract prices start at $749 CDN
- iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c prices drop after new phone launch
- Apple Pay is a new mobile payment solution for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Microsoft will reportedly drop ‘Phone’ from Windows Phone, bury Nokia brand
- Lumia Denim brings new Lumia Camera app as Windows Phone 8.1.1 brings Cortana to Canadians
Running Time: 64 minutes
Hosts: Daniel Bader, Douglas Soltys, Jane McEntegart
Notes: We had some issues with the source recording from this episode, so you’ll notice some parts of the recording are slightly sped up and contain crackling. Please power through these short sections, as they don’t last long, and we’ll make sure such a thing doesn’t happen again. There’s also no video stream this week, as we aim to get set up in our new offices.
Subscribe to the RSS Audio feed (Use this link if you’re looking to add the SyrupCast to your favourite podcast app, like PocketCasts)