Update: Public has launched their new rate plans, now ranging from $19 to $45/month. Full details are below or here at Public.
We previously informed you that Public will eventually transition customers off its CDMA spectrum to TELUS’ HSPA+ or LTE network, plus have plans to sell a small selection Koodo Mobile (TELUS’ sub-brand) devices in Public Mobile stores. Curious what the direction will be for their monthly rate plans? We have those details for you.
Public Mobile currently has a four monthly price plans that cost $19, $25, $30 and the highest at $40. For their latest transition, the uber entry-level carrier will shift towards offering 5 plans with the top tier reaching $60/month, but most plans will see an increase of $5/month.
- $19/month plan with unlimited province-wide talk stays the same
- $25/month plan has unlimited Canada-wide talk and text, voicemail
- $40/month plan has unlimited Canada-wide talk and text plus 1GB data (will be dropped to a promo price of $35/month)
- $45/month plan has unlimited Canada/U.S. talk and text plus 1GB data (will be dropped to a promo price of $40/month)
- $60/month plan has unlimited Canada/U.S. talk and text plus 2GB data
All these rate plans will start on March 19th, but the $60/month plan will be “available in May.” In addition, no indication of where Public’s unlimited streaming Siren Music service is — potentially this has been completely removed (unconfirmed).