Following last week’s updates to the suite of Bing apps for Windows Phone, Microsoft has pushed out an update to Bing for iOS. The update comes with a truckload of new features, most notably Safari integration and a pervasive search widget with options for voice and text search, and viewing recent search history.
The update also contains a few minor optimizations that make searching easier. For example, the app now allows for multiple searches without eliminating earlier results. Trending stories are also now organized into three categories (search, images, and news), and users can shake their iPhone to pull up a trending Bing story.
The update might not displace Google as your search engine of choice, but it’s enough for the curious to justify a download. You can see the complete change log after the jump.
– Shake your phone to discover a trending story.
– See what’s trending across News, Searches, and Images with quick access from the home button.
– Multitask using Recent tiles.
– Tap the search widget from anywhere in the app for one-hand access to new search, tabs, and voice search.
– Manage your bookmarks: separate categories for News, Images, Searches, and Web Results.
– Copy web addresses or open websites in Safari.
Source: App Store