YouTube Canada has unveiled the top ten videos users watched on its service over the past year. The company has divided the videos into four separate categories: Canada’s Top Trending Videos of 2017,” “Canada’s Top Music Videos of 2017,” “Canada’s Top Movie Trailers of 2017,” and lastly YouTube made a list of top ten ads that we chose to watch with the list “YouTube Canada Ads Leaderboard 2017.”
According to this list, Canadians are interested in anything from a toddler stealing popcorn from Prince Harry to a one on one wolf versus moose standoff. Here’s the list of Canada’s Top Trending Videos of 2017.
Canada’s Top Trending Videos of 2017
- Sea lion drags into Steveson waters
- Eminem Rips Donald Trump in BET Hip Hop Awards Freestyle Cypher
- Animal Adventure Park Giraffe Cam
- Ping Pong Trick Shots 3 | Dude Perfect
- Northern Ontario Moose vs Wolf
- Woman interrupted during BBC interview
- Sneaky toddler steals Prince Harry’s popcorn
- In a Heartbeat – Animated Short Film
- $1 donut vs $100 donut
- France 24 en direct – 24 hour livestream news channel
Meanwhile, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s song Despacito is not only 2017’s top music video, but also “the most-viewed YouTube video of all time with 4.4 billion views.” Here’s the list of Canada’s Top Music Videos of 2017.
Canada’s Top Music Videos of 2017.
- Luis Fonsi — Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
- Ed Sheeran — Shape of You [Official Video]
- DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne — I’m the One
- Bruno Mars — That’s What I like
- Kendrick Lamar — HUMBLE
- Taylor Swift — Look What You Made Me Do
- The Weeknd — Reminder
- Zedd & Alessia Cara — Stay (Lyric Video)
- Cardi B — Bodak Yellow
- Shawn Mendes — There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back.
To my surprise, Spider-Man: Homecoming was nowhere near the top movie trailer, and was even beaten by The Emoji Movie. Here are YouTube’s most watch trailers of 2017.
Canada’s Top Movie Trailers of 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser
- IT — Official Teaser Trailer
- Thor: Ragnarok Teaser Trailer
- Black Panther Teaser Trailer
- Deadpool 2 Teaser Trailer (2018)
- Justice League — Official Trailer 1
- The Boss Baby “Diapers” Trailer Tease (Animation, 2017)
- The Emoji Movie Trailer 1-3 (2017)
Blade Runner 2049 — Official Trailer
- Spider-Man: Homecoming — Official Trailer #2
Lastly, here are the top ten ads Canadians didn’t skip.
YouTube Canada Ads Leaderboard 2017
- The Canadian Dream – Chevrolet Canada (Creative – McCann, Media – Dentsu Aegis Network)
- SickKids VS: MomStrong – SickKids (Creative – Cossette, Media – Cossette)
- #MostCanadian Airline Ever – WestJet (Creative – In-house, Media – Media Experts)
- The Great Canadian Chase – Coca-Cola Canada (Creative – Sid Lee, Media – Carat)
- Nintendo Switch – Nintendo (Creative – Leo Burnett, Media – Zenith)
- Born the Hard Way – Budweiser (Creative – Anomaly, Media – UM)
- Worlds Apart – Heineken (Creative – Publicis)
- Hero’s Journey – Kia Motors America (Creative – Innocean, Media – Innocean)
- Bringing Canadian Families Together – Catelli Pasta (Creative – Environics, Media – Bam Strategy)
- The Rock and Siri Dominate the Day – Apple Canada (Creative – TBWA\Media Arts Lab, Media – OMD)