In a true testament to mobile gaming’s growing popularity, a number of impressive Canadian-developed iOS and Android titles have been nominated at this year’s Canadian Video Game Awards, set to go down on December 6th, 2015.
Altos Adventure, which I still firmly believe is one of the best mobile games of all time – and Square Enix Montreal’s Lara Croft Go – are nominated in the game of the year category, as well as for best iOS game. Lara Croft Go also grabbed a nomination for best animation, game design, audio, writing, visual arts, fan choice and fan choice award for top Canadian-made game. Alto’s Adventure nabbed a nomination for best indie game of the year.
The top iOS game nominations include the following:
- Alto’s Adventure (Snowman)
- Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition (Klei Entertainment)
- Hitman: Sniper (Square Enix Montreal)
- Lara Croft Go (Square Enix Montral)
- Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (Square One Games Inc.)
Best game on the go titles include:
- Bruce Lee: Enter the Game (Hibernum Creations)
- Marvel Contest of Champions (Kabam Inc.)
- Siegefall (Gameloft)
- Skylanders SuperChargers Racing (Beenox)
- The Walking Dead: Road to Survival (IUGO Mobile Entertainment)
While both Alto’s Adventure and Lara Croft Go are top tier mobile titles, they face stiff competition from a variety of Canadian developed console games in the game of the year category, including Apotheon, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Bruce Lee: Enter the Game, Cryptark, Far Cry 4, Invisible Inc., Lara Croft Go, Super Mega Baseball and Runbow.
For a full list of 2015 nominees check out this link.
Source: Canadian Video Game Awards