Calgary-based Poynt Corporation has updated their Android app to version 2.0.0, now optimized for OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich but not Jelly Bean, and this brings a fresh UI. Poynt also announced that they’ve passed over the 10 million download mark on Android. Andrew Osis, CEO, Poynt, stated they are now seeing “a 300% increase in our Android user base year-over-year, Android is our fastest growing and most popular device platform.”
Here’s the full change log of feature to Poynt for Android:
– New interface design with tiled dashboard to take advantage of screen real estate.
– Drawer-style navigation allows users to show/hide menu options and jump easily between features.
– Enhanced battery life, memory management and network bandwidth.
– Increased settings options for enhanced customization.
– New Weather Icon.
– Support for high-resolution displays.
The app – which gives you local search info on businesses, gas prices, directions, making restaurant reservation, getting movie show times and trailers – is also available on the iPhone, Windows Phone and Nokia devices, plus BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook.