We made it to episode 10 of SyrupCast! Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has listened, given us compliments and feedback, and content suggestions for future segments. We’re listening.
This week, as we get ready for the September onslaught, we dive into the idea that the next Nexus will be built by Motorola, and what it means for Lenovo’s place in the Android ecosystem. Then there’s the iPhone 6, which has been confirmed to launch on September 9th, Samsung and LG’s new smartwatches — which were announced last night at roughly the same time — Rogers launching shomi, a Netflix competitor, and a new 30GB shared data plan. And finally, Cyanogen working on something really cool with former HTC, Motorola and Google execs.
- Next Nexus phone will be made by Motorola, likely named Nexus X
- iPhone 6 event announced for September 9th
- Samsung announces new curved smartwatch, Gear S
- LG announces circular smartwatch, G Watch R
- TELUS to launch the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
- Cyanogen is working on “something really cool” with Nextbit
- Rogers and Shaw announce shomi, its $8.99/month Netflix competitor
- Rogers introduces 30GB shared data plan starting at $240/month
App of the week:
- Hyperlapse by Instagram (iOS)
Running time: 85 minutes
Hosts: Daniel Bader, Douglas Soltys, Jane McEntegart
Subscribe to the RSS Audio feed (Use this link if you’re looking to add the SyrupCast to your favourite podcast app, like PocketCasts)