On SyrupCast 26, we enjoy the company of our first guest, freelance writer, security analyst, .Digest curator and all-round awesome guy, Matthew Braga.
Topics discussed on this security-focused episode:
- How important is by-default smartphone encryption? [external link]
- How have the Sony hacks affected peoples’ perception of their own digital safety?
- Is BlackBerry still more secure than the competition? What’s changed?
- OpenGarden raises $10.8 million to grow its peer-to-peer chat service, FireChat. Is it the next big thing? [external link]
- Federal Court orders Apple to hand over documents to Competition Bureau in iPhone investigation
- WIND Mobile on 2015 spectrum auction: It would be really hard to mess this up
It’s an awesome episode, and we highly recommend listening to it the whole way through.
Participants: Daniel Bader, Douglas Soltys, Jane McEntegart, Matthew Braga
Duration: 85 minutes
This week’s SyrupCast is sponsored by Roam Mobility
Subscribe to the RSS Audio feed (Use this link if you’re looking to add the SyrupCast to your favourite podcast app, like Pocket Casts)
Subscribe to the iTunes Audio feed
Subscribe to the Stitcher Audio feed