Earlier this month, Motorola rolled out an update that fixed a few bugs, added a battery indicator for when the watch was totally dead, and boosted battery life significantly. This week, the company announced the arrival of yet another update, and the list of improvements this time around is a bit longer.
Speaking via a blog post published late Tuesday afternoon, Motorola’s head of product marketing, Lally Narwal, explained that this version brings the ability to swipe away notifications without actually dismissing them permanently; some “under-the-hood” enhancements that will enable the use of Bluetooth headsets when the time comes; more frequent syncing with your phone; and yet another battery tweak (following this update, the 360 will switch to ambient mode once your watch hits 15% in order to conserve power).
The update is rolling out gradually starting this week. As usual, you’ll see a prompt on your device’s display once the update is available to you.
For the full list of changes this update with bring, check the list below:
• Smart Battery Saving – When your battery hits 15%, your Moto 360 will turn off ambient mode, so you don’t have to remember to.
- Timely Time Checks – Moto 360 will synchronize the time with your phone more often to make sure it is up to the minute.
- User Interface Tweaks – We observed with consumers that there are many times where you want to use your Moto 360 as truly a classic watch—a beautiful way to see the time. A new gesture now lets you see the full watch face without permanently dismissing a notification. Just touch the top of a notification and swipe down. You’ll see the notification again when you have another high priority notification.
- Mood Lighting – Moto 360 will adjust to the lighting of the room while charging, so that it isn’t too bright or too dark.
- Readying the wires for Bluetooth – There are a couple of under-the-hood enhancements that will pave the way for connecting Bluetooth headsets to the watch.
- Bug Squashing – As usual, bugs are squashed to enhance the overall user experience.