Globalive recently spent a measly $442 million to be part of Canada’s wireless future and create their own brand, one that they say will “revolutionize the wireless industry in Canada”.
We knew very little about what they were offering, only a goal to launch fall 2009 in the following cities: Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Ottawa (national in 2010), and they will be offering fixed-price monthly plans that have no contract, allow unlimited calling within your area and rollover minutes that reach the 16-60 year olds that don’t have a cell phone. However a disgruntled employee has changed the rules effective today.
HowardForums member “GlobalWireless7” has leaked their entire marketing strategy online after he/she was “fired for poor performance”… the lineup is pretty impressive and not sure if they are true or a Photoshop version. Time will tell.
From looking at the images of a PowerPoint presentation, it looks like Globalive will offer 14 handsets and 4 Smartphones. Here is a partial list of devices:
1. Sony Ericssson TM506 in Green, Grey and Red on the following price plans: Monthly/Prepaid is $199.99; 1-year $99.99 and 2-year is $29.99.
2. Nokia 5330 XpressMusic (their flagship music product) in White and Black on the following price plans: Monthly/Prepaid is $207.79; 1-year $109.99 and 2-year is $99.99.
3. Nokia 5730 XpressMusic in Red, Blue, Pink and Black on the following price plans: Monthly/Prepaid is $179.99; 1-year $99.99 and 2-year is $49.99.
4. Nokia 6700 Classic is their “High Class” device with a 5 megapixel camera and will available in White and Black.
5. Sidekick LX
6. Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 is their “Flagship Smartphone” will be available on the following price plans: Monthly/Prepaid is $449.99; 1-year $249.99 and 2-year is $149.99.
7. HTC (Global) G1 is their “web services smartphone” and yes it’s an Android device. This will be available on the following price plans: Monthly/Prepaid is $429.99; 1-year $229.99 and 2-year is $129.99.
8. HTC (Global) M1 Magic. ** The slide says “GSM bands locked to Global Wireless SIM Cards via Firmware”. No rates posted but this will be available in White.
In addition to the devices, there are some possible rate plans listed too. Apparently GlobalWireless will offer the following included features: no “System Access Fee” or “911 Fee”, Text Messaging, Voice Mail, Call Display, Name Display, Missed Call, Call Conferencing and Call Forwarding. Here are the dollar values of the plans:
$29.99: 350 Minutes, Unlimited Nights/Weekends and Network Calling, Unlimited Incoming Calls
$39.99: 650 Minutes, Unlimited Nights/Weekends and Network Calling, Unlimited Incoming Calls
$54.99: Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Incoming Calls
$5 for unlimited nights starting at 5:00pm
$8 for unlimited mornings until 9:00am
$15 for unlimited calling to the US
Data Access Rates:
$10: Unlimited E-mail with 20MB, Unlimited Instant Messaging, Unlimited Communities
$23: 2.5GB Data Access, Unlimited Email
$40: Unlimited Data Access
The big 3 must be loving this news! Happy Victoria Day!
More here at Howard Forums