As noted earlier this week, Nokia and Rogers Wireless have officially announced the launch of the Nokia N95 8GB device and will be available starting May 6th for $399.99 with a 3-year activation. That’s correct – launched in Canada before the United States!!
Here are some details of the N95 8GB:
– Can hold up to 20 hours of video or thousands of songs.
– Comes loaded with an impressive 5 megapixel camera with a 20x zoom
– Has a 2.8″ (240 x 320) QVGA 16 million colour display
– Can make high-quality movies at 30 frames per second
– Surf the net with and upload pictures to Flickr or update a profile on Facebook.
– Mobile Mail and access e-mail
– Nokia’s N-Gage made-for-mobile games service (EA Sports’ FIFA 08 to Gameloft’s ets)
– TeleNav for maps and directions
“Rogers has a reputation for bringing the best and latest in innovative mobile technology to Canadians, and the Nokia N95 8GB is another perfect example of this leadership,” said John Boynton, SVP and Chief Marketing Officer, Rogers Wireless. “Our customers will be blown away by the sheer power
and overall multimedia functionality of this phone. Combined with Rogers Wireless’ high-speed HSPA network and Rogers Vision capabilities, the stylish Nokia N95 8GB delivers an exceptional mobile experience, including wireless video calling.”
“We are thrilled to be working with Rogers Wireless to bring Canadians their first Nseries device,” said Tejas Rao, Director of Technology, Nokia Canada. “The Nokia N95 8GB is as personal as it is powerful. Combining the latest technologies with stylish design and ease of use, the Nokia N95 8GB is a true multimedia computer and a prime example of the direction that mobility is taking.”