Telus International — the Canadian carrier’s IT consulting division — has announced an approximately $250 million USD (about $321 million CAD) acquisition of Xavient Information Systems.
Xavient is a California-based IT consulting company, with operations in both the U.S. and India.
Telus will initially acquire 65 percent of Xavient, and will acquire the remaining 35 percent by December 31st, 2020.
According to an October 30th, 2017 media release, this acquisition will facilitate Telus International’s first operations in India.
The media release also explained that Telus International plans on expanding “its global service offering with the addition of advanced, next-generation IT consulting and delivery capabilities, including User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX), Open Source Platform services, Cloud services, Over-The-Top (OTT) solutions, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data services, DevOps, and automation and digitization.”