The Galaxy Note 7 is now official and Samsung has once again updated the leader of its phablet flagship with improved specs and noticeable enhancements.
As previously reported, Samsung is skipping past the Note 6 branding with the Note 7 brining the device in-line with the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Canadians will be able to purchase the Note 7 this month and below are the complete specs and availability.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Specs
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (will be upgraded to Android 7.0)
- CPU: Quad-core 64-bit (2.15GHz dual + 1.6GHz dual) Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Display: 5.7-inch Dual-edge Super AMOLED display 2560 x 1440 resolution, 518ppi with curved-edge Gorilla Glass 5
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal storage: 64GB internal storage, MicroSD expandable up to 256GB
- Rear-facing camera: 12 megapixel f/1.7 camera with OIS (optical image stabilization), shoots 4K videos
- Front-facing camera: 5 megapixel front-facing camera
- Ports: USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack
- Resistance: Water and dust proof (IP68 certification)
- Accessories: S Pen
- Sensors: Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, HR
Sensor, Iris Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Battery: 3,500 mAh, fast charging, WPC and PMA wireless charging
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm
- Colour options: Blue Coral, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium, Black Onyx
- Weight: 169 grams
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO (2×2) 620Mbps, NFC, Bluetooth v 4.2 LE, ANT+
In a statement to MobileSyrup, Samsung Canada said the Note 7 will be coming to “major carriers, retailers and the Samsung Experience Stores” on August 19th in Blue Coral, Silver Titanium and Black Onyx.
Here is the Canadian pricing: No-term is $1049.99 and the 2-year contract price is $549.99
So far we have been able to confirm that Bell, Telus, Rogers, Videotron, Koodo and SaskTel will release the Note 7 in Canada.
Update 08/08/16: It was originally stated that the Note 7 would carry the Exynos 8890, inline with Samsung’s international offerings. Instead, the phone is carrying the Snapdragon 820 like our U.S. counterparts.