The 5.5-inch OnePlus 2 is now official. The company has already seen invites for its next smartphone top 420,000, and the device will arrive in several countries, including Canada, on August 11th. In order to reserve a OnePlus 2, you will need to add your name to their reservation list.
With the OnePlus One, OnePlus caught early adopters attention with the phone’s impressive specs and affordable price. The company aims to do the same with the second generation OnePlus 2 by pricing it at $329 USD for the 16GB model and $389 USD for the 64GB version.
When OnePlus CEO Pete Lau unveiled the Canadian pricing the exchange rates kicked in as the OnePlus 2 is an additional $90, which is a similar strategy to how other smartphone manufacturers priced their flagship smartphones, such as the iPhone 6 or the Galaxy S6.
The 16GB OnePlus 2 is priced at $409 (CAD), while the 64GB version is $479 (CAD). However, depending on the tax, duty and shipping costs, the price of the phone could top $525 for the base model and $600 for the 64GB version.
The OnePlus 2 will be available starting on Tuesday, August 11th. Replaceable “StyleSwap” back covers are also available in bamboo, black apricot, kevlar, rosewood and sandstone black.
OnePlus 2 Specs:
- OxygenOS (Android 5.1)
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD 1920×1080 (401 ppi), In-cell touch, Gorilla Glass
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor
- 64GB or 16GB eMMC v5.0 internal storage, 4GB RAM or 3GB LPDDR4
- 3300 mAh (non-removable) battery
- 13MP rear camera, 13MP f/2.0, 6 lenses, OIS, laser focus, dual-LED flash 4K video capture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- USB-C charging port
- Seonsors: Fingerprint, digital compass, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, ambient light
- Cellular GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz
- LTE Bands 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/17
- WCDMA Band 1/2/4/5/8
- 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm
- 175 grams
- LTE Band 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/17