Bell acquires 100% of CTV, expect lots more mobile TV

Today Bell acquired 100% of CTV. They already owned 15% but purchased the remaining 85% for a measly $1.3 billion… so we can expect in the years to come a great deal of focus on mobile TV.

In the press release George Cope, President and CEO of Bell Canada and BCE said “Acquiring CTV’s range of premier video content enhances Bell’s execution of our strategic imperatives by leveraging our significant broadband network investments, accelerating Bell’s video growth across all three screens – mobile, online and TV – and achieving a competitive cost structure.”

When Cope took over as CEO of Bell he created a 100-day plan with a goal “to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company”. This acquisition certainly helps.

Source: Bell