If you’re the type of person who drops their iPhone 13 or iPhone 12 device a lot and refuses to use a screen protector or a case, this is definitely good news.
AppleCare+, Apple’s extended warranty program, now covers two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months. Apple says that each incident includes a service fee of $39, but the key new update is that “screen or back glass damage” is included.
“AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months. Each incident is subject to a service fee of $39 for screen or back glass damage, or $129 for any other damage, plus applicable tax,” writes Apple.
Prior to this change, cracked or damaged back glass replacements cost in the range of $100. AppleCare+ costs $199 or $9.99 per month.
iPhone AppleCare+ repair cost
- $199 or $9.99/month for iPhone 13 mini/iPhone 13
- $249 or $12.49/month for iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Pro Max
- $199 or $9.99/month for iPhone 12 mini/iPhone 12
- $199 or $9.99/month for iPhone 11
- $119 or $5.99/month for iPhone SE
- $249 or $12.49/month for iPhone XS/iPhone XS Max
- $9.99/month for iPhone 8 Plus
- $12.49/month for iPhone X
- $9.99/month for iPhone XR
Out of warranty screen replacement cost
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: $429
- iPhone 13 Pro: $365
- iPhone 13: $365
- iPhone 13 mini: $309
- iPhone 13 series: $89
Other iPhone repair costs
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: $779
- iPhone 13 Pro: $719
- iPhone 13: 599
- iPhone 13 mini: $519