Samsung has released a Tizen 3.0 ‘Value Pack’ update for the Gear S3 Classic and Frontier that, true to its name, delivers a veritable legion of small but useful updates.
Among the updates:
- Users can now use the bezel to move directly from a text message notification to the reply input
- Widgets have been optimized to fit the ‘newly enhanced’ circular display of the S3
- Beyond just checking reminders created on the Gear S3, users can now also view and edit checklist, video and web reminders created on their synced smartphone
- A new Samsung Health Fitness Program feature lets users watch exercise programs from their smartphone on a TV while using the Gear S3 to control displayed content and display their heart rates on the TV
- Users can now manage their compatible Samsung IoT-enabled devices from their Gear S3 with Samsung Connect
- The smartwatch now functions as a remote control for PowerPoint presentations and Samsung Gear VR
The Gear S3 value pack update is now available for download via the Samsung Gear app.