LG’s latest flagship smartphone is now widely available across Canada. The G5 and all its modularity – including the trio of Friends accessories – can now be purchased at several carriers, including Bell, Eastlink, Fido, MTS, Rogers, SaskTel, TELUS, Videotron and WIND Mobile.
Depending on the carrier, the G5 ranges in price from $0 on contract to $800 outright.
There are currently three modular accessories available for the G5 in Canada: LG 360 Cam, LG Cam Plus and the LG 360 VR. Of course, in this case, Friends cost money and the LG 360 Cam is $299.99, LG Cam Plus is $99.99 CAD, and the LG 360 VR is $299.99.
LG G5 specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with LG UI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530 GPU
- Unibody design
- 5.3-inch QHD display
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB of storage, expandable by 128GB via a microSD slot
- 8MP wide-angle lens with optical image stabilization, 16MP standard lens
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Rear mounted fingerprint scanner
- 2,800mAh battery with quick charging
- 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7mm (8mm at its thickest point)
- Colour options: Silver / Titan / Gold / Pink
- Weight: 159g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / USB Type-C) / NFC / Bluetooth 4.2
- LTE / 3G / 2G
Related reading: LG G5 review: An imperfect start to LG’s modular future