The LG-made Nexus 5X is at last official. A follow-up to the popular Nexus 5 from 2013, the 5X features the the familiar curved edge design of its predecessor while packing in improvements like a fingerprint sensor and a larger 2,700 mAh battery.
LG Nexus 5X specs:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 5.2-inch 1080p display (1080 x 1920 pixels, 424 ppi pixel density), Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB and 32GB storage options
- 2,700 mAh battery
- 12.3-megapixel rear-facing camera, support for 4K video capture
- 5.0-megapixel front-facing
- WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- Nexus Imprint fingerprint scanner, Sensor Hub, accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, proximity sensor
- 147 mm x 72.6 mm x 7.9 mm
- 136 grams
- 4G LTE enabled
The Nexus 5X will be available to order from the Google Store “in the coming weeks”, starting at $499 CAD and going up to $559 for the 32GB version. The colour options are charcoal black, ice blue, and quartz white.