If you’re a student and looking to get the Nokia 6086, Sony Ericsson W350a or W580i you might want to check out the latest student promo from Rogers called the “Student 10”. It’s a “limited-time-offer” plan that informs you to “Hurry”, but the offer is good until November 3rd. It gives you the ability to – unlimited – talk and text to 10 people. There are two levels: $25 and $45.
The $25 plan give you:
MY10™ Unlimited Local Talk, Text and Picture / Video Messaging2 to your top 10 friends, 100 Weekday Minutes, 1,000 Evening and Weekend Minutes and 500 Incoming Minutes
The $45 plan give you:
MY10™ Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and Picture / Video Messaging2 to your top 10 friends, 450 Weekday Minutes, UNLIMITED Evening and Weekend Minutes, UNLIMITED Incoming Minutes
Now, the most important part is to ensure that you read the fine print located here:
For your light reading… Here is a summary:
1. You must present your Valid student identification required to be eligible for a Student Plan.
2 Unlimited local calls, text, picture and video messages applicable to the 10 phone numbers designated on the MY10 list. Unlimited Canadian Long Distance calling included in Canada-wide MY10 and applies only to calls initiated/received from customer’s Rogers Wireless phone anywhere in Canada to/from the MY10 list. Long distance, text to landline and roaming charges are extra where applicable. MY10 terms of service: Only 10-digit Canadian-based phone numbers are eligible for the MY10 service. Customer’s own Rogers Wireless phone number, voicemail retrieval number and special numbers such as 1-800/1-900 not accepted.
3 Premium messages (U.S., international, roaming, MSN alerts, contests and promotions) excluded.
4. Offer expires November 3, 2008 and is only available on new activations and hardware upgrades. Tunes expire 6-12 months after purchase (depending on tune selected). Additional tunes $2/tune.
5. Includes unlimited on-device mobile browsing using the Rogers Mobile Internet Browser only and is only available on select Rogers certified devices (PDAs such as BlackBerry or Windows Mobile devices, PC cards and non-Rogers certified devices not eligible). Data usage incurred on ineligible devices or while tethering (use of device as wireless modem) or while using applications subject to pay-per-use charges of $15/MB for the first 5 MB, $10/MB for next 5 MB, $5/MB for next 10 MB and $0.50/MB thereafter. Data transmission charges of $0.03/kb apply when roaming outside Canada. Visit rogers.com/mobileinternet for details. 36-month term commitment required for Rogers Vision bonus eligibility.
6. Name display compatible device required. Incoming callers with blocked numbers, calls originating outside Canada, or from callers whose wireless carrier/landline provider either does not have this service available or does not have an interconnectivity agreement with Rogers cannot be identified by Name Display.
7. Mobile Backup is a service that backs up contacts saved on your phone (not SIM card). The application must be downloaded to a compatible phone. Visit rogers.com/mobilebackup for details and applicable conditions.
± A $6.95 monthly System Access Fee (non-government fee), a monthly 50¢ 911 Emergency Access Fee (non-government fee) and a one-time $35 Activation Fee applies in addition to the monthly service fee. Local airtime over the allotted monthly minutes in the plan, long distance and roaming charges, any additional service options selected and applicable taxes are extra and are also billed monthly. *Pricing based on subscription to a 3-year term service agreement. Early cancellation fees apply.