Telus has continued to rack up the awards for how they treat their employees. This time, WorkLife BC has honoured them with the 2008 Innovation Award. This recognizes how organizations provide its employees with tools to better balance their work and their personal lives.
Some of the initiatives that Telus offers their employees to achieve balance are:
• Three personal days employees can take off any time during the year to take care of things at home or to recognize religious days not covered by federal holidays.
• Flexible work styles allowing many employees to work at home full or part-time.
• Onsite wellness practitioners at many buildings, including physiotherapists, naturopaths, registered massage therapists, reflexologists, chiropractors, and more.
• Onsite fitness facilities at major buildings.
• Flexible childcare services designed to meet the ever-changing and specific needs of families.
• Employee and family assistance programs offering 24-hour assistance and counseling, free legal advice, and crisis intervention.
• Healthy Measures – an onsite medical screening service for blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, body mass index and fitness testing.
• Breast cancer screening.
• Healthy food choices in onsite cafeterias, catering, and vending machines.
• Flu vaccinations.
• Annual wellness fairs.
• Training in subjects including stress management, work-life balance, and conflict resolution.
• Programs to help employees stop smoking.
“It is one thing to say that employees are a company’s most important asset – at TELUS we live that philosophy,” said Andrea Goertz, TELUS vice-president of Human Resources. “Ensuring our employees have tools to help them live full personal lives outside of their work not only makes us all more productive, but helps TELUS recruit and retain the best and brightest people in Canada.”
In case you are interested in being employed by Telus these are certainly things to keep in mind…