Bell has revealed its next CraveTV Original will be New Eden, a mockumentary series developed in partnership with Peacock Alley Entertainment.
According to Bell, New Eden is set to be an eight-part, half-hour “true crime” anthology series from Canadian creators and stars Evany Rosen (Picnicface, Baroness Von Sketch Show) and Kayla Lorette (The Beaverton, Space Riders).
The series will follow two women, Katherine Whitfield (Lorette) and Grace Lee (Rosen), as they start the first all-female cult of its size. However, after facing off against a male-dominated cult, they decide to create a safe space for women called “New Eden,” leading to a crazed community full of drugs, paganism, alien-worshipping and, possibly, even murder.
New Eden will go into production in Ontario this fall.
In addition to the New Eden announcement, Bell also confirmed that the first season of the hit drama series The Good Doctor will begin streaming on CraveTV for the first time this August.
Finally, Bell confirmed the following series will be streaming on CraveTV during the 2018/2019 season:
- Deadly Class — a horror series created by Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Infinity War directors Anthony and Joe Russo and based on Rick Remender’s graphic novel series of the same name
- God Friended Me — a fantasy drama series focused on an atheist who receives a social media friend request from God Himself, starring Brandon Micheal Hall (Unforgettable, Broad City)
- One Day She’ll Darken (working title) — a drama following a young girl who follows a siniser trail to learn more about her mysterious past, directed by Patty Jenkins and starring Chris Pine, the director and male lead of 2017’s Wonder Woman
- The Red Line — a racially-charged drama from producers Ava DuVernay (Selma, A Wrinkle in Time) and Greg Berlanti (the CW’s “Arrowverse” of DC superhero shows, Love Simon)
- The Rookie — a crime-drama series based on the story of the LAPD’s oldest rookie, played by Canadian actor Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Castle)
- Whiskey Cavalier, a dramedy that follows two FBI and CIA agents that must lead an inter-agency team of spies to save the world, starring Scott Foley (Felicity, Scandal) and Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries)