When Rogers revealed its Black Friday deals on November 21st along with sub-brand Fido, many wondered about the lack of Apple iPhone or iPad deals.
Turns out the carriers were just waiting until the big day to reveal their Apple discounts.
Adding to the free Google Home offer for Android activations and some of the other discounts we previously reported on, here are Rogers’ new wireless deals for Black Friday:
- Apple iPhone 8 64GB – $0 on Premium+ tab
- Apple iPhone 7 32GB – $0 on Premium tab
- Apple iPhone 7 128GB/256GB – $0 on Premium+ tab
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus 32GB – $0 on Premium+ tab
- Apple iPhone 6s – $99 on Smart tab
- Samsung S8 – $0 on Premium tab
- Samsung S7 – $0 on Smart tab
Additionally, in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia and throughout its Atlantic footprint, Rogers is offering a 2GB data bonus for 24 months when customers upgrade their phone or activate Share Everything plans with 1GB to 10GB on a primary line.
Both the device discounts and the 2GB bonus are available from November 24th to November 27th.
Rogers is also offering the 32GB iPad 5 at 50 percent off the upfront device cost on certain two-year Share Everything plans.
As for Fido, it’s providing the following new device discounts from November 24th to the 27th.
- Apple iPhone 7 — $0 on a 2-year Large plan
- Apple iPhone 6s — $0 on a 2-year Medium Plan
- Samsung Galaxy A5 – $0 on a Small Plan
- Samsung Galaxy S7 – $0 on a Medium plan
- Samsung Galaxy S8 – $0 on a Large plan
On November 24th, and while supplies last, Fido is also offering 50 percent off the upfront cost of the 32GB iPad 5 on a two-year data plan.
Like Rogers, Fido is providing a 2GB data bonus for 24 months on certain plans. Going one step further, it’s adding a $10 reduction for some plans for 12 months, too.
Update – November 25: Rogers stated on its Twitter account that it has seen an “overwhelming response to our Black Friday offers.” That’s good news, however, its customer service department is “experiencing longer than normal wait times.”
Due to an overwhelming response to our Black Friday offers, we are experiencing longer than normal wait times if you’re reaching out to our Customer Service teams. We apologize and really appreciate your patience.
— RogersHelps (@RogersHelps) November 25, 2017