TomTom is going to be showcasing their upcoming navigation Android app at IFA this week. TomTom stated in a press release that they are aiming for it to be in the Play Store by this October and will come with a whack of features:
– World-class navigation – The latest, most accurate TomTom maps available – with no need for a mobile signal or data plan.
– Lifetime maps – Free updates that ensure access to the latest maps and fastest routes.
– IQ Routes – Arrival times that drivers can rely on – at all times of day.
– Advanced lane guidance – Gives drivers extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
– Spoken street names – Makes turnings even clearer.
– 2D / 3D driving view – The clearest display for the safest driving.
– TomTom HD Traffic – Available as an in-app purchase. It’s the quickest way through traffic.
– TomTom Speed Cameras – Available as an in-app purchase. Save money and drive safely with real-time mobile and fixed camera alerts.
No word on the price of the app but Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director at TomTom stated “We aim to make TomTom content and services available to as many devices and platforms as we can. Bringing TomTom navigation to Android smartphones is, therefore, a significant milestone for us.” This TomTom app could very well be the same app that we’ll see being implemented into RIM’s upcoming BlackBerry 10 OS.