April 5, 2010 12:47 pm
Apple sent out an invite for an event on April 8th at 10AM PT for a “sneak peek into the future of iPhone OS… this is very exciting as the rumoured changes are expected to have multi-tasking. We’ll find out what the future will be in a few days, but in the meantime here are some more expected features from a previous post:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide.
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.